First of all, What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the on-demand availability of computer system resources, especially data storage (cloud storage) and computing power, without direct active management by the user.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently the leading Cloud provider in the world. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Running web and application servers in the cloud to host dynamic websites. Many companies like Netflix, Walt Disney, NASA, BMW, McDonalds use AWS to power their business. It is also very helpful for the startups who could not invest high in resources and their maintainence.
We will see how to launch an AWS Instance. An Instance is basically a Virtual Machine that has a specified Operating System and runs on Cloud. With AWS Instance, you could do any work related to Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Augmented Reality, etc.. All the resources (RAM/CPU/Hard Disk) will be of AWS. This will enable you to do any work which would be difficult to
1. Go to AWS homepage. ( https://aws.amazon.com/ ). Sign in or create an account if you don't have one.
2. In the Build a Solution, Click on Launch a Virtual Machine.
After clicking, this page will show.
3. Select Amazon Linux 2 AMI (HVM), SSD Volume Type (On the Top). It is eligible for free-tier, so you don't need to pay for using it.
Select the General Purpose t2.micro as it is free for use.
4. Click Next: Configure Instance Details
5. Leave everything as it is , it is fine. If you want to change some settings, you are free to do so.
Network will be the region you select (Like Virginia, Mumbai, etc.) Subnet will be one of its data availability zones.
6. Click on Next: Add Storage
Till 30GB, Storage is free. So, go with less than 30GB.
7. Click on Next: Add Tags
8. Click on Next: Configure Security Group
9. Click Review and Launch
10. Click Launch
11. Create a new pair key or use existing pair key.
12. Then, click Launch Instance.
Instance will be created . Click View Instances.
Wait until Instance State becomes running and Status Check becomes 2/2.
13. When it becomes, Click on Connect in the upper right hand corner.
Again, Click on Connect.
Your instance will be ready and you will see a terminal where you can run any command and do any work. You can launch any instance, be it of Ubuntu, Redhat Linux or any other Operating System.
Make sure to terminate or stop the instance after the work is done to avoid any bills.
Hope you liked it