In this assignment we have been asked to edit the column and data type using the source file Wealthy.xlsx.
Use Case – Import list of the richest people using Query Editor
Source – Richest people
Analytics – The raw data - your task is to transform it into something more
Report/Dashboard – Richest people
• Create a new Power BI report, and load in the data
• Some columns have been renamed, while each person's wealth (in
billions of dollars) has been extracted
• Create a chart just to prove that the billions really are being treated as
Result - Transform data using Query Editor
1. Replace the word billion with an empty string
2. Replace the $ symbol with an empty string.
3. Convert the resulting column to a whole number.
Beginning with the first part of our task let's Load the source file into the Power BI Desktop Application.
Need to replace the the word "Billion" and symbol "$" from the column Net worth.
Load the data from our source file Wealthy.xlsx ---> and Click on Transform Data now we begin in Power Query Editor.
For performing above mentioned tasks go on the option Transform Data
The next task is to create a chart just to prove that the billions really are being treated as numbers.
Conclusion: In this assignment we learned how to replace and data type conversion that is available in the Query Editor.